Instant quote
Policy type
No. of travellers
Departure date
Return date     
Instant Quote
Pay online with complete peace of mind

Advice For Travellers

Can provide ski travel insurance?
If you want to participate in any winter sports during your trip you will need to take out additional insurance as the risks of injury and claims for equipment are higher. Wintersports covered by are skiing, land-skiing, mono-skiing, cross-country skiing, heli-skiing, off-piste skiing (accompanied by a guide), snow boarding, ski boarding, sledging, tobogganing and ice-skating.’s Winter Sports policies cover:

Ski equipment – should your skis, poles, boots, bindings, snow board or ice skates become lost or damaged during your trip Standard policy holders can claim up to £350 for their own equipment with a £75 excess or £200 for hired equipment. Premium policy holders can claim up to £500 with a £50 excess for their own equipment and £250 for hired equipment.

Ski hire – if your ski hire company lets you down with your hired ski equipment, ski school or lift passes you can claim back £20 per day up to £200 for Standard policy holders and £300 fore Premium policy holders.

Ski pack – if the company arranging your ski pack lets you down you can claim back £75 per day up to £300 under a Standard policy and up to £450 under a Premium policy with an excess of £50.

Avalanche closure – should your wintersports trip be disrupted by piste closures due to avalanche you can claim back £20 per day of closure up to £200 with a Standard policy and £300 with a Premium policy.

Please refer to your travel insurance policy to see the full terms and conditions of the policy. For full details on our ski insurance please see sections 18 through 22 of your travel insurance policy. For more information on travel insurance call us on 0844 482 0662 (Mon-Fri 8.30am to 6 pm, Sat 9am to 1pm).

Back is a trading style of Rock insurance limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), number 300317.