Instant quote
Policy type
No. of travellers
Departure date
Return date     
Instant Quote
Pay online with complete peace of mind

Advice For Travellers

What happens if I am ill or injure myself whilst travelling?

Medical expenses – if you should require medical attention overseas you will be charged for any treatment received and these charges can run into thousands of pounds. With the appropriate travel insurance cover you will be required to pay a small excess (your excess can be removed by purchasing excess waiver) towards the total cost of your medical expenses but the balance will be met by your policy. travel insurance policies offer cover for emergency assistance services and any additional travel or accommodation expenses incurred through illness or if you need to return home early due to the unforeseen illness, injury or death of You, a Close Relative or any person with whom You have arranged to travel or stay during the Trip.

We would advise that you obtain an EHIC form at the Post Office to ensure you receive reciprocal health service care within the EU. However you should be aware that very few EU countries will offer free treatment so you should ensure you have insurance to pay the balance.

Always retain any receipts for medical treatment or prescriptions to support your claim.

Hospital benefit – If you should be admitted to hospital during your trip you will be compensated up to £25 per day up to a maximum of £100 for Standard policy holders and £300 for Premium policy holders. Any unused pre-paid excursions will also be refunded.

Please refer to your travel insurance policy to see the full terms and conditions of the policy. Medical expenses are detailed in section 1 and Hospital benefit is section 4 of your travel insurance policy. For more information on travel insurance call us on 0844 482 0662 (Mon-Fri 8.30am to 6 pm, Sat 9am to 1pm).

Back is a trading style of Rock insurance limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), number 300317.